Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Kiss on the Nose-Foreward



                                                                     Foreward

Pet sitting is not for the faint of heart.  It has been my experience that I much prefer this career to any I have had.  Challenging? Certainly.  Frightening? Sometimes.  Rewarding? Definitely!

No other “job” can be as unnerving and unexpectedly joyful as this one.  No other “job” has been as physically taxing, heart wrenching and at times, overwhelming as this one.

I have filled a niche for the pet owner who wants their pets to remain at home when they cannot be there.  I offer these personal observations to my readers with immodesty and an open heart.

Caring for other peoples animal companions, in their home environment, has made me thankful for the details.  The moments of give and take, chastisement and forgiveness
and the acknowledgment that sometimes love is a kiss on the nose are contained in these pages.

This collection of short stories was seventeen years in the making and I remember them just like it was yesterday. Once a pet makes a mark on your heart, it stays...





Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment